Tuesday, January 06, 2015

The Woes of a Bleeding Heart

With a heavy heart and tearful eye I make my way through life.

I feel for the chopped down tree; I feel for it as if it were my own
skin being sliced open by the sharp blade of an ax.

I feel for the hunted animal; I feel for them as if it were my own
brothers and sisters being gunned down. 

I feel for the weakened soil; I feel for it as if it were my own
nutrients being unceremoniously taken from my body.

I feel for the bird and fish; I feel for them and know their pain
for it is our air and water that is being polluted. 

Some call it silly, some call it weak, others call it a Buddhist trait.
I call it an understanding of the interconnected world. 


Outfit:
Thrifted // Hat
Garage Sale // Scarf
Thrifted // Shirt
Vintage // Skirt
Thrifted // Belt
Vintage // Boots

4 comments:

  1. Oooh...this was some lovely writing Samantha! Definitely shows what a loving and caring person you are.

    These photos show what a stylish and adorable person you are too haha! That skirt is absolutely lovely. Plus, the pine cone balanced atop your head? Haha, that's a great shot!

    And thanks for the comment - I sometimes miss my bangs, but I know my sideswept fringe flatters my face better. However, you absolutely rock the bangs! Whatever you decide to do, I'm certain you'll still look fantastic :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Enter to win a FREE pair of glasses from Polette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poem is lovely and your outfit is the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poem you wrote is beautiful. I wish I could see something like that a little more on here. Your blanket skirt is really cute :)

    Theatricality by Mariah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...