Friday, October 17, 2014

Pumpkin A-Plenty


The other day I had my very first trip to a pumpkin patch. Yes, I
thought it was absurd I haven't been before too! I mean, it's almost a rite
of passage for us fashion bloggers, no? Wink wink, nudge nudge. Paul
and I took a drive to a place called Hank's Farm during the middle of
the week and ended up having the entire field to ourselves. It made for
a perfect autumn day strolling up and down the rows of bright orange
pumpkins. The air was warm and cool, the clouds played with the sun,
and we saw this season's first flock of geese flying south. I've lived in
an apartment for the last 9 years, so I may have gone a little overboard
on decorating my new house for autumn. There are pumpkins placed
on every step, in every corner, and on shelves. Hank's was selling old
corn stalks, so we picked up a few of those - to go with the bale of hay
of course. I got fall chrysanthemums and picked pine cones off the
ground to put in glass vases with autumn-scented candles. I feel most
comfortable and grounded when surrounded by nature, so why not
bring nature indoors with me? How have you been celebrating fall?
Outfit
Thrifted: Wool Hat
Handmade (by a friend): Scarf
Thrifted: Dress
Some downtown Ottawa
Boutique:  Tights
Garage Sale: Bracelet
Thrifted: Ring
Thrifted: Boots

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos! They remind me that it's been entirely too long since I've gone pumpkin picking. And your outfit is perfectly suited to the occasion! Your belt is such a sweet touch. I've been a little lax in decorating this year. Mostly I've been going on massive house cleaning binges, letting fresh air in, and just trying to be outside before I find myself shut in for the winter. Not ready for that yet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...