Thursday, February 20, 2014

DIY: Tree of Life Pendant

An idle mind is the devil's workshop.
    Old Saying 

Why, hello! As I'm sure I'm not the only one who has come down with a
case of cabin fever, I thought I'd share with you how I keep my idle hands
busy during this bleak, bleak time of year. It's this time of year I raid my
jewelry collection and craft box to see what new things my creative
imagination can conceive - or more like, I scroll through Pinterest to 
see what others have created and steal their ideas! *Maniacal laugh*

One of my favourite things on this place we call earth are trees. I love the sight
of them. They have such a calming effect on me. And the more the better! I
have always dreamed of sitting underneath a tree and reading (just like in all
those old paintings). It remains a dream due to my fear of sitting underneath
a tree that has been subject to many dogs relieving themselves. The joys of
city living. That being said, it's only natural that once I figured out how to make
make these tree of life pendants that I would make them in several colours! 
Materials:
Wire (length: approximately 10 cm)
Round Ring 
Beads

3 comments:

  1. This looks pretty doable. Although I'm still sure I would screw it up, ha! You did a great job though. Trees are pretty damn wonderful, let's hug them.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, idle hands? Pff, looks like you found something to do! Haha, love these designs girl, you did an amazing job :)
    I'd buy them!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool :) I am obsessed with trees so I know what you mean. I have always wanted to have a tea party under a weeping willow tree haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...