I apologize beforehand, for bombarding you with lengthy answers! I don't think anyone has ever described me as "one of few words."
11 Facts About Moi!
1. I am ridiculously indecisive. I truly mean this. It takes me ages to decide anything. Going to the grocery store can be such a chore sometimes because I never know what to get! And when I get dressed in the morning, all the clothes from my closet find their way to my bed! Oh, I almost forgot this, my dog didn't have a name for an entire MONTH when I first got him! I couldn't decide on one, so for thirty days I called Kobe 'puppy.' And it was the bf who thought of his name.
3. I'm not fluent in Spanish, not even close. While in university I rented out the rooms in my apartment, so I (as well as my roomies) could have cheaper rent. This is how I came to know my close friend, Grisel, from Mexico City. It is because of her I have such a fondness for Spanish and Mexico, and because of her I try to learn the language. This is also why I have so much jewelry from Mexico. Everything I write on my blog in Spanish I know, but that is why simpler words appear (and if anything is incorrect I apologize!) My goal is to one day to be able to have a conversation with Grisel in Spanish.
4. I could live off hot beverages. I'm addicted to coffee, but I also love tea, hot chocolate, hot apple cider, etc.
5. I loath pizza. Is that bizarre?
6. I have an odd obsession with dictionaries. I have five of them, two of which are pocket-sized so I never have to be without one. I also read them, as if they were regular reading books...
7. I come from a single-parent family. I believe being raised by my mother has instilled in me, from the beginning, that women are capable of being strong and independent. Sorry for this serious one ladies, but I see this as a positive!
8. I am shamefully dreadful at math. I don't think I could even express how terrible I am with numbers. I just stick to words.
9. When I was a little girl I wanted to be Lisa Ling. I remember watching her on Oprah with my Mom and thinking her job was amazing.
10. I have five tattoos. They are all placed in spots that are easily concealable, which I thought would come in handy as I got older; merci, teenage self! I got my first one about eight years ago, and I don't regret them yet. Emphasis is perhaps needed on the yet.
11. I can not wink. I give it a try now and again, to no avail.
1. If you were a super hero what powers would you have? I've always wanted the to ability to read minds. Is that a super hero power though? Oh! I know! I'd have the ability to control nature/the weather. That would be awesome.
2. and what would your hero name be? I have no idea! I'm still going through names for my blog haha
3. and what outfit would you wear? Hmmm... not too sure, but it would definitely have to consist of some over-the-knee leather boots though!
4. What talents do you have? I can clean pretty damn well!
5. Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone? Not really. But this past week a colleague of mine put vinegar in my water and I drank from it unawares (and I took a huge gulp), so if anyone has some good practical joke ideas pass them on over to me! This means war Phil!
6. What would be your best achievement to date? Wow. Serious question! Haha. Geez. I guess I would say bringing up a wonderful dog. I've had him since I was twenty, and I am proud to say he's a very well trained dog. He's a border collie and Foxhound mix, and therefore highly energetic, so he requires a hefty amount of attention.
7. If you could change anything about yourself what would it be? I know this is excessively vain, but I hate my hands (that is why you rarely see them in my pictures). I've always wanted to change them. When watching 30 Rock and Jenna commented on having plastic hand surgery I got my hopes up, but I doubt it really could be done. Now, I beg of you, please do not pay attention to my hands in my next style post! Haha.
8. Whats the last thing you took a picture of? Most likely of Kobe being cute or something. I was at first going to say something for this blog, but then I remembered, I don't take the pictures of course, the bf does that! Silly me.
9. In the event of an apocalypse (think zombie outbreak…) what would be your survival skill? Nothing. I am so reliant on the "safety" provided by the police and my country I doubt I would be able to truly defend myself. I would probably just hide in the closet with my dog and cat. My survival skill would then be the fact I am tiny and can hide in smaller places! (I hope I answered that correctly!)
10. Who was better, the Beatles or Elvis Presley? I listen to both. And back when I was in high school, and cd's were still all the rage, I had a collection of both. But the Beatles win.
11. Do you keep a diary/journal? Not anymore; I did up until a couple of years ago. I do keep several writing journals though (of ideas, quotes & sayings, etc).
1. Are you more of a cat or dog person?
2. What is one of your favourite quotes? ( I had to ask this of course!)
3. If you could choose anyone to be your life mentor, who would it be?
4. What is your most memorable childhood memory?
5. What colour would you say reflects your personality the best?
6. If you had to choose between the two, job satisfaction or a high salary, which would it be?
7. What is your biggest fashion pet peeve?
8. What is one of your fears?
9. What is one of your favourite smells?
10. Where would you go for your dream vacation?
11. And of course the old age question, Audrey Hepburn or Marilyn Monroe, who appeals to you the most?
Blogs to Visit!
1. Petite Adventures
2. Paper Hearts
3. Tara Honeybird
4. Miss Green
Now I apologize for not including many blogs to visit; I've just recently jumped into this wonderful world of fashion blogging and still need to expand myself! I hope you enjoyed reading!