Thursday, March 07, 2013

March Into Spring

In spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.
    Margaret Atwood 


My skirt before I cut it up. Material: rayon. Shirts that have an empire
waist are easiest to make into a skirt. 



Outfit:  Grey Skirt (Thrifted/DIY), Lace Dress (Thrifted), Bag (Thrifted),
Boots (I actually don't remember....they are old), Bracelet (Gift from 
little brother), Hat (Thrifted), Leather Belt (Thrifted)

   I know what you're thinking. Yes, that's the snow melting, and yes, that is the actual ground. Oh dirt, how I've missed you! If you have been a reader of mine since the beginning (my blog is only four months old) you will begin to notice an elevation in my mood. There is such a thing as the winter blues in colder climates and I believe I suffer from it every year!
   I've been getting really excited for spring and summer this year. The bf and I only moved out together near the end of 2012 so we have yet to experience downtown Ottawa during the warmer months. I've already made my to-do list for the seasons though; I'll show you a few: Go to Bluesfest (a yearly outdoor concert), Go Strawberry picking, Have a Picnic, Go to to a Drive-In Movie, Go Ziplining (the bf loves this but I have yet to try it), and so on.  
   And now I bring you back to winter and my outfit from yesterday. It's still a tad cold but I'm tired of sweaters so I've been layering dresses to add warmth.  You'll be seeing me in this hat a lot. I'm excited to be able to wear hats besides beanies now, since it's warming up. Anyways, off I go lovely reader, thank you for your time!

Until we meet again!
xo, The Rag Trade 

6 comments:

  1. I really love the lace dress under this skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yai for Spring coming!!! I remember feeling happy when it was spring too. I live in Panama, so its basically summer all year. But when I lived in the US, I would always get excited for Spring. Your outfit is very cute too btw, I love the lace details on your top.

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for Spring as well!! I can't wait. Love that hat, so I hope you do wear it often :P loving your hair too xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh la la! My fav kinda skirt - highwaist and diy! You look great, I'm your new loyal follower!
    Hope you follow back!
    xoxo
    http://fashionablestreets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how to turned this dress into a skirt, it actually looks much better that way! I've never been to a drive in movie but it sounds super fun!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...