Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pigs and Polka Dots





Outfit: Belt (Thrifted), Skirt (Thrifted/DIY), Tank Top (Aritzia), Bag
 (Thrifted Etienne Aigner), Nail Polish (Maybelline- Paint the Town)

   'Tis the time for festivals in the capital of Canada, my city! Summer plays host to Rib Fest, the Dragon Boat Festival, Bluesfest, the Jazz Fest, the Fringe Festival, the International Busker Festival, the Fishing Festival,  and of course Canada Day Festivities. I must not forget all the cultural festivities either, like the Greek, Turkish, and Lebanese festivals. And that's just to name a few! We all come alive in the summer I swear haha. 
   I love me some delicious ribs and pulled pork sandwiches so attending Rib Fest was a no- brainer (this was my second time going)! We didn't spend as much time there as we would have liked, the rain kind of put a damper on things. 
   I wanted to match my outfit with the scene, and since all the BBQ stands hail from the Southern states (such as Texas and Florida) I thought why not wear the colours of the American flag. I've never had the thought to mix two shades of blue together before, that is until I saw Elana from Room 334 rock a beautiful ensemble of light and dark blue.  I of course had to copy, so unoriganoo of me! 

Until we meet again!
xo, The Rag Trade 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...