Thursday, July 18, 2013

Seeing the Sea


A picnic at the beach? Could anything be more perfect?!
 The more time I spend here the more I wonder as to whether or not
 I am truly a city child! I wish I could simultaneously live in the downtown core
 of a large metropolis and in a little village by the sea.  That would be the life!

 
 
Louisbourg isn't the warmest place, the wind tends to blow fiercely
making the days cool and the nights chilly- hence my wool sweater
and skirt! While I was visiting years ago during the month of May I
convinced my friends Dan and Drew to venture to the beach, despite
their telling me how cold the water would be. We might as well have called
it polar bear swimming. Too cold! In July it's a bit warmer....
 
 
And before I go: meet Dodger! This is my Mom and brother, Tim's dog. They used to
 have Kobe's sister, her name was Bella, but she passed away from cancer...poor thing.
Kobe and her had the time of their lives together! So this is their new puppy, he's
 incredibly sweet! He's also half border collie, like Kobe.

 
Outfit: Skirt (Thrifted/DIY), Sweater (GAP), Satchel (Thrifted), Pearl Earrings and Ring(Gifts), Belt (Thrifted), Nail Polish (Wet n Wild- Blazed), Tank top (Thrifted), Sunglasses (Thrifted)

4 comments:

  1. So cute. I love your photo with the dog paw prints in the sand. :)


    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute skirt. And I totally know how you feel about wanting to live in the city and close nature at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so peaceful and relaxing out there. A picnic on the beach sounds like a perfect way to spend a summer day.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally a city person too - but i do love a quiet day at the beach! Like you I want to live in the city but still be close to nature.

    Em



    Win a pair of Manitobah Moccasins!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...