Monday, August 05, 2013

Pink and Yellow and all things Mellow

Tie the white fillets then about your hair
And think no more of what will come to pass
Than bluebirds that go walking on the grass
And chattering on the air. 
    John Crowe Ransom- Blue Girls 
The past few days have been a bit on the chilly side, which reminds me that
autumn- my favourite season- is just around the corner, patiently waiting its turn. 
In the meantime, I'm going to go all out with summery outfits- for some reason, 
a floral crown seems out of place during the dark and dreary winter months when the
 ground is not sprinkled with colourful  little flowers but instead is suffocated under
 mounds of snow. Or, on the contrary, would a floral crown be a bright pick-me-upper and
make me cheerful when I am surrounded by shades of gray and black? Wait. I'm 
already talking about winter? And I'm not even wearing a floral crown in this post! 
 All I was trying to say is, with last weeks of summer I'm going to be as
 bright and light as I can possibly be!  
I haven't yet found a shade of orange that really suits me, so for now I stick to small
dozes of the colour. I usually think of orange as an autumn colour, but with these yellow
and pink flowers in doesn't look Halloween-ish in the slightest! I'm excited to wear this 
skirt into the late summer too- I have the most absolute best cardigan (to which the bf 
refers to as my grandma sweater) to match with! The two were made for each other.
When life goes your way like that you just have to smile. They say it's the simple things. 
Outfit:
Skirt (Thrifted/DIY)
White top (Thrifted dress)
Leather Fringe Bag (Thrifted)
Fringe Sandals (Aldo)
Butterfly Pendant: Gift from my Nanny 

6 comments:

  1. I've been dressing as if it were fall for the majority of this summer so I too am starting to feel the need to wear summery clothing for this last month of the season :) Your outfit definitely has exudes summer vibes and I love your fringe sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous, simple look for summer! I adore your darling butterfly necklace and cute skirt. You have some stunning hair as well! Makes me want to get some fabulous bangs like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty and I love this bright cheery skirt!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skirt is beautiful and I love those sandals. It totally makes me wish I had a pair. And I agree, orange is a super hard color to pull off, but I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that skirt. The colours are stunning and I really like that you matched them with your nail polish :)

    http://oohlalaafashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...