Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Like a Wolf

As each day passes Paul and I entertain the idea of moving north
more and more. With endless woods, non-bridged waters, and an
unforgiving terrain, its wildness calls to me. But one cannot fathom
living in the north, a land of snow and ice, without being friends
with the merciless winter. Where once I thought it was a season of
sleep and death, I have been proven wrong. My backyard displays
the nighttime dance between the rabbit, fox, and quail. There is
beauty to be found in the sparkling diamond effect of the snow.
Comfort is found in the familiar smell of burning wood and the
warmth of our homes. As long as I don warm fabrics and many
layers I can walk or play for hours in the snowy world. It may
not be an easy, carefree season, but I want to embrace winter
like a wolf rather than shy away from it like a bear. 

Outfit:
Gift // Hat 
Jacob // Shirt
Thrifted // Belt
Vintage // Skirt
Thrifted // Boots 

11 comments:

  1. Great outfit - especially the length of the skirt with the long boots, I love that! Maybe someone as short as me can't get away with it, but it looks fab on you! I Love the skirt actually, great colours and pattern. You always wear hats so well... I definitely don't suit all hats but from the looks of it you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How tall are you? I always look taller than I actually am - I'm only 5'4''. The heels help a bit though!

      Delete
  2. Oh my Gosh, you always look so adorable with a big hat on! So cute with the braid too! And this outfit has a bit of a pioneer woman! Very atmospheric with the snowy backdrop, I love it! Very pretty skirt and blouse with the tie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am officially jealous of your writing. Can I hire you to write for my blog?
    I have a vintage skirt just like this and I've been wondering how to style it. This is great inspiration for me :)

    Theatricality by Mariah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your blouse & necktie, Samantha! I'm not quite sure if I feel the same about winter as you do, but I admire how you've embraced it and the way you articulated your thoughts in this post - beautiful!
    Keep well!
    -Carley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this 70s vibe you are rocking- especially the ribbon bowtie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are just artsy from your words to your outfits! I love it <3
    If you do move farther north, then it sounds like you'll be well prepared for it!
    Also, loving this sidesweep to your bangs :)

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told you that I was loving your new do! I decided to grow mine out 'cause I thought you looked so lovely! Hah.

      Delete
  7. Though it is a beautiful place, I don't think I can survive those temperatures! Lovely outfit dear! =)

    - Che

    www.style-che.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are absolutely adorable and this might be one of my favorite outfits from you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous! I think that skirt is one of the prettiest things I have seen-with pockets and all! This is very simple, but very beautiful and the hat was the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...