Tuesday, November 18, 2014

58 Days of Autumn

The temperatures have been steadily decreasing and we even had
flurries for a few hours the other day. Last night as I stood beneath
the velvet-blue starry sky, a wish rolled off my lips and into the wind;
please, I pleaded with Mother Nature, let autumn last just a bit longer. 
I woke to an angry wind that rattled my windows and a brilliant sun that
fought to shine through my curtains this morning and I thought that
Mother Nature had ignored my prayers. But the moment I opened my
door the sun's heat could be felt and the breeze was warm against my
skin. Plus 14 mid-November is a prayer answered in my books,
especially considering my neighbours and their stories of snow!

I'm ever so happy for this long-lasting autumn, it gives me a chance to
wear this ever so autumny skirt - I've been meaning to for a while. This
skirt and I have a love-hate relationship. I love the print, but hate how
my mind draws a blank when attempting to style it. I'm not sure if it's
because there are so many colours or if it's because I have an undying
obsession with matching. 

Outfit:
DIY Necklace
All else thrifted

4 comments:

  1. I always find that with prints - some prints in my wardrobe I think I'll never match with anything, bizarrely I'll find myself reaching for all the time. And then there's some that I think will go with lots of looks and it just doesn't work at all! But I think how you've styled the skirt here is lovely and autumnal - the colour of the cardigan picks it all right up and I love how your tights match your hat! CC x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this is so lovely and well written! I LOVE the colours on your skirt paired with the cardigan, such a gorgeous autumn look! This last picture is magical <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. SAMANTHAAAAAA!!
    I don't know what happened, but your updates stopped popping up in my Bloglovin feed, and I kind of lost track of you - I feel really bad now.
    But no worries, I've followed you on your new blog name on Bloglovin so I should keep up a lot better now :)
    Love this fall ensemble and how long you're autumn has extended to! So jealous >_<

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog, love it! This outfit is perfect, I love the pattern on the skirt, and of course the hat. Off to browse your archives, thanks for the inspiration! :)

    Megan
    http://www.garden-variety.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...