Monday, December 01, 2014

A Tassel of a Different Nature

I always wondered what the holidays would be like without the
biting cold and inviting fluffy snow. After this year , I don't think
I will be wondering anymore. I'm not sure how Californians do
it! I want to wear overzealous Christmas ensembles and Nordic
sweaters, but without snow and with temperatures sitting at a
mild plus thirteen, it just feels odd. It all feels odd. Paul and I
have plans for a Christmas Tree Farm excursion - if we keep on
waiting for snow we might not have a tree until it's too late!
Because it was pleasantly warm today I walked past my
sweaters this morning and left the mittens at home. I was
also given a chance to wear my new (but someone's old)
dress. It feels as if I've wrapped my body in a blanket and
I love the tassels that sway in the wind - it also happens to
be an invitation for the cat to play.  

Outfit:
Thrifted // Dress
Roots // Scarf
DIY // Necklace
Gift // Bracelet from Saudia 
Arabia
Vintage // Boots

4 comments:

  1. The tassel details are lovely and what a beautiful setting for photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even remember the last white Christmas here. It's been quite some time, but I always hope! I love this dress. The pattern is almost like tree bark. You look like a lovely (and cozy) wood nymph! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice cold-weather layering! I need some lessons from you on how to be cute and practical at the same time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady of the forest - you look stunning in that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...