Thursday, December 11, 2014

Industrial Leftovers

There are places forgotten; places ignored and left to deteriorate.

I am drawn to these places, like ants to a sugary confection
 melting on the hot pavement under the sun. 

There are no fellow walkers, no family pets to encounter,
only wild birds and the sound of the hard December ground
crunching beneath the weight of your step. 

It's here that the mind's imagination can run as wild and 
free as the northern wolf.  The grade school mantra who,
what, where, when, why, and how clouds the mind. 

It's as if I've discovered my own magical wardrobe
and have been transported to another world. I imagine
it is not industrial leftovers that I explore; it is where
once a lord and lady lived.

 I climb the rocks like a careless child.  The stone is cold 
and rough. From atop I am reminded of my youth, I'm
the king of the castle and you're a dirty rascal. 

I return home with muddy boots, rosy cheeks,
and tired legs. 

A wanderlust heart is never bored. The world
is my playground; waiting at my doorstep is 
adventure - I can hear it whisper my name.


Outfit:
DIY // Garland Crown
Thrifted // Cape
Thrifted // Jeans
Vintage // Boots
Vintage // Camera Bag

5 comments:

  1. That last stanza is just beautiful <3
    Lovely written post and photos! Your red jeans are the cutest, and I adore the head crown piece

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAMANTHA! I havne't commented in forever. Oh my goodness, I miss your adorable looks, beautiful soul, and wonderful writing. Nature is quite a lovely thing, especially the magical way it seems to take away time and all your troubles and you feel lost and happy for a while.

    "The grade school mantra who, what, where, when, why, and how clouds the mind."--that was my favorite part of your prose.

    I got all fuzzy seeing a comment from you--you are just the sweetest lady! I'm definitely back and ready to blog now. NO MORE EXAMS, YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your garland crown! it is so beautiful and christmasy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted a camera bag like that for so long,,, so envious! And those are some skills for that beautiful little crown. A wonderful christmassy look. CC x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So um everything about this is absolutely perfect. Amazing post
    xx Sarah
    www.russiandressing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...