Wednesday, August 13, 2014

There's snow white and then there's summer white.


Summer, let's take it slow. Only two weeks left and I've got so much to
do before the weather cools down. Since I have yet to catch up on my
blog posts (but I'm still picture-happy) these pictures are from the week-
end.  The family and I made the drive out to Margaree once again, this
time for the Highland Games. We watched some good ol' caber tossing,
families fought to be the champions of tug of war, and our ears enjoyed
the playing of the bagpipes. There are strong Scottish ties here on Cape
Breton and my family coming from Scotland (on my mom's side way back
in the 1700's) it's nice to experience some of that heritage.  It's a shame it
didn't cross my mind to wear one of my tartan skirts - I would have fit right
in! Instead I opted for an all-white ensemble, something that I love doing.
And although I'm usually not one for showing any part of my stomach,
which seems to be trending this season, I thought hey, I'm only young
once! I can't really see myself trying this at 40 and I'm always one for
trying everything. I mean, don't knock it till you try it! 
Outfit:
Thrifted // Shirt
Thrifted // Skirt
Thrifted // Satchel
Thrifted // Sandals
Thrifted // Floral Cuff
Garage Sale // Gold Cuff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...