Sunday, October 06, 2013

Adventures in an Apple Orchard

   All week the forecast called for rain on Saturday.  But yes, of course it wouldn 't be sunny
  on Paul's weekend off.  I keep telling him he has angered Mama N in some way and now
he needs to atone for his wrong doings by performing some sort of ceremonial dance in 
her honour.  He foolishly declines. (I jest) Anyways, when I woke up the sun was all shy
 and was hiding behind the clouds so we decided to spend this gloomy day at the museum
But as I stood in front my closet once again saying the trite line, "I have nothing to wear,"
the weather changed. Yep, the clouds vanished and the sun shone brightly, solo in the sky.
That's how long it takes me to get dressed. The weather actually changes. Since the sun was
out we thought it was a great opportunity to finally go apple picking. I'm so glad we got to go.
   I've never been apple picking before. I might have gone when I was little, but who knows. I
certainly felt like a little kid and looked more ecstatic to be there than anyone else though,
 including the five year olds. As soon as we arrived the smell of apple was in the air. If I
closed my eyes (and I might just have) I could imagine I was slicing freshly picked apples
in my country kitchen with yellow walls the colour of butter, plaid curtains on the window,
oak cabinets, and the late summer's cool breeze sweeping in through the open door.  I was
definitely daydreaming like I was Anne Shirley. It was so pleasant there that Paul's shyness
was momentarily forgotten and he actually allowed me to snap a shot of him. See. Told you
my boyfriend is real. He's not made up.  I  do wish I had worn a girly dress with some move-
ment, that way I would have looked perfect frolicking through the rows of trees. Instead I felt like an out-of-place city slicker in my harsh black and knee-high boots. 
Outfit:
All Items Thrifted
(Except my tights of course, never thrift used tights.)

12 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm glad the sun came out and you were able to get to the orchard! I hoping to do some apple/pumpkin picking this month too :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Scarf Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. apple picking sounds fun! and lovely look u've got there :)

    xoxo
    mochaccinoland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so sweet and adorable. Amazing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to go this year! This looks like so much fun, beautiful photos!
    I hope you're having a wonderful day!
    xo Hannah

    http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    http://thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apple picking is so much fun! Great Fall look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures and oh your outfit! Love it!

    Ru|Glitter & Blush

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow the pics are so beautiful!! and also love your outfit :)



    xx
    bianca
    www.worryaboutitlater.com


    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun!!!!!!!! I want to go apple picking! I've never been before either, but it's definitely on my bucket list! And the fall foliage....I'm smitten:)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, I love what you wore to go apple picking! Those knee high boots and scarf are perfect <3

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking super pretty as always! ;) I'm jealous you got to go to an apple orchard, and a BEAUTIFUL one at that!! Looks like so much fun!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks likes so much fun. I've never been apple picking but I really need to do it someday. This one looks so pretty. Love the last photo of the trees.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...