Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Azul y Argyle

Yes. A little bit Spanish. A little bit English. No rules here.  And I'm not sure if you know, but no one really speaks Spanish in Canada. Other than Kobe's demands I get no practice. Dilemma.
So, it's the day before Halloween! I'm definitely getting into the spirit. Last night,
Paul and I carved the larger pumpkin and drew on the smaller ones while watching
Shaun of the Dead. I'm not one for horror movies - if I want to see some scary shit
I'll turn the news on. Although, maybe Toronto or Vancouver's news, 'cause there
isn't all that much crime here. Last week I think we had murder number nine in
2013.  Anyways... and tomorrow my sister, Allie, and I are going to some zombie
thing, which should be a hoot! And while by Halloween it has usually snowed, the
forecast for tomorrow is +14. Yes. 14. No mistype there. Now that is an Indian
Summer.  And to think: all those ladies in their hoochie costumes won't be cold!
I'm excited to finally get to wear this argyle skirt I redid during the summer in
autumn, for it's definitely better suited for the latter. Not to mention the wool
keeps me nice and toasty warm (wool skirts and summer? Not the best mix).
Click here to see how this skirt looked in its original condition. I think I might go
and dig out the few pairs of pants I own. Today I met up with my friend M and
whenever I see her I'm always like, dang girl, how do you make those jeans
look so darn good! Personally,  I haven't worn pants in the longest time.
I'm just naturally drawn to the romantic, whimsical, ladylike essence of skirts and
dresses. Maybe it's time for something new though. At least for a day. 
Outfit:
Thrifted // Sweater
DIY/Thrifted // Skirt
Thrifted // Belt
Thrifted // Bolo Tie
Le Chateau // Boots
Scotland Souvenir // Necklace 
Magnolia // Silver Leaf Ring
Thrifted // Wool Hat
Fancy Sox // Tights 
Thrifted // Feather Ring
(And geebies! That sure is a list!)

10 comments:

  1. This argyle skirt turned out fantastic! I love it on you and how you added hints of dark blue. So beautiful :)
    And ahhhh, I'm getting in the Halloween mood too. I just wish I was dressing up tomorrow...sigh. I didn't make time to put something together.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You look absolutely gorgeous!!! I love this entire outfit! The pictures are amazing and you look flawless! I love layers. The top and the skirt are gorgeous! Everything is perfect!


    http://anatkoren.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hemming you did to the skirt made a huge difference! We are having a warm Halloween here today too which is fine by me :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Ad Space Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want this outfit haha. You look amazing and the skirt looks fantastic. Love the bolo tie too. I can't even imagine what it's like to have snow on Halloween. Usually we are sweating in our Halloween costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful outfit. Will you like to follow each other? xoxo
    New Post Fashion Talks

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so darling! Especially with the extra layer or the open-front coat. Fall laying is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what did you do the the skirt for the DIY? i LOVE your layering here, somehow you have so many layers but managed to keep such a great sillouette. and wow, 14... i'll have to translate that into farenheight ok, 57 haha that's our winter in Phoenix :). anyway, absolutely lovely outfit, glad I happened to click on your blog from your comment on Butterfly loves snapdragons! i'll be featuring this look soon :). oh and i'm def w/ ya on the scary movies, i never understand wanting to be scared when there's actual scary stuff going on. ok anyway, i also LOVE you thrifted so much of this, the skirt really is perfect.
    Cuddly Cacti
    Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so adorable - I really love that hat and your sweater! So pretty!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This whole outfit is fantastic! That is some perfect layering and the skirt is gorgeous.You look beautiful!

    Jenny Lee
    http://thedictioncanary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...