Thursday, October 17, 2013

To Repel or Not to Repel

There's something about animal print that makes me feel a bit hoochie.
The skirt being skin-tight doesn't help either. Put me on Dalhousie Street
and I'll fit right in. (A topical joke for any fellow Ottawans) Although, I'm
not sure hookers wear flats. Not that I fraternize with any ladies of the
night. However, if I might add, flats are probably a better idea than
stilettos. You can run away faster if a john gets scary. I'm just saying.
I tried to tone the print down with a simple knit sweater. The bright
orange tights might bring me back up though. This probably all in my
head. Like all the other voices no one else can hear....
 On the topic of bright orange tights, I was watching something on tv 
today regarding what women wear and whether or not their style
 repelled or attracted men. That is some crazy talk. Some of the things
that repel men, apparently,are overalls, clogs, shoulder-pads, and
anything overly structured.  Allegedly, men like women that wear 
comfortable things.  But overalls are comfortable, duh!  I was going to
say I'm surprised this is even atopic for a segment, but then again, no,
 I'm not really surprised at all. I can't imagine concerning myself with
what a man wants me to wear though.  I ask you this though, if a woman
 is rocking denim overalls,a blazer with 80's shoulder-pads, and four inch
stiletto heels covered in spikes, but has a kick-ass sense of humour, is
 insanely beautiful, and is fully capable of carrying a conversation with
 pretty much just about anyone because she's incredibly cultured and
 intelligent, would the outfit really be a repellent? Ponder that one.  And
on that note, good day!
Outfit:
My sister's necklace
Thrifted Skirt
Fancy Sox Tights
Spring Shoes
Glasses c/o Firmoo
Tahari Wool Sweater

12 comments:

  1. I really like the animal print trend for fall! You definitely rock it!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely look way too classy to be a hooker :) Your owl necklace is so cute. And that's is such a lame topic for the news to cover. It's not like men have great fashion sense. Next time they should see what styles repel and attract women haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving what you brought up concerning man repelling! Haha, if a girl can carry off a "repelling" outfit but has all those traits, who CARES what she's wearing?? A guy who'd notice her wit and personality shouldn't care if he has any taste.
    Anyway, I think you definitely made an animal print, bodycon skirt non-hookerish. Haha, the bright orange tights are my favorite part!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so cute :) oh and that skirt is lovely

    Ruth x

    www.kimkimipie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute :)

    come check out my latest post,
    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I personally think most women dress for themselves, so they can be happy. Their reason to rock a shoulder pad or six-inches-Lady-Gaga inspired heels shouldn't be any man. It doesn't even matter what repels them to be honest because at the end of the day we dress for ourselves. :)

    Ru|Glitter & Blush
    [Oh let me know if you would like to follow each other, cause I would love to stay in touch with you. :)]

    ReplyDelete
  7. adorable, i love your hair! you look so fall and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh those tights are absolutely adorable with that outfit! love your look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha- your post made me smile.

    Also- loving your glasses.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...