Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween

Happy All Hallow's Eve! It only seems appropriate to dedicate a whole post
entirely to Halloween, for it is my favourite time of year. Oh, how I miss running
from house to house with my sister, eager to get to as many as possible before
the porch lights were turned off signifying the end of the night. I can still vividly
remember how excited I was to see Hocus Pocus in the theatre with my older
brother and mom, and how much it frightened me at the time. I'm proud to say
it no longer scares me! Or the joy in deciding to be absolutely anything my little
heart desired for a night - although I still feel like that to this day. And while I did as
much Halloween-ish stuff as I could (pumpkin decorating and carving, dressing up,
eating lots of candy), the night isn't quite as magical as it was when I was a kid. I'm
guessing that's what parents do, they get to experience the joys of being a kid for a
second time witnessing their child's innocence and excitement.  I dressed Kobe up
and brought him door to door, hoping we could join in on the trick or treating, but
people were just not having it. C'mon, dogs can totally eat chocolate.  Anyways, off
I go now to watch Zombieland with some friends and eat myself sick with candy! 
I hope you have wonderful (and spooky, if that's your kind of thing) Halloween!

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos! Happy Halloween!

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pumpkins! :-) Hope you had a wonderful Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww cute pumpkins, haven't had a chance to get any this year :(


    www.emmemablog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I popped in Zombieland the other night! Great taste ;)
    Hope you had a fantastic Halloween

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are so sweet. Happy Halloween to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute pumpkin hehe :) hope your halloweeeeen was a good one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. halloween's my fave too. i used to love hocus pocus. did you really try to take kobe trick or treating or were you joking? darling pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I was just playing. I did walk around with him when people were trick or treating, but no, we didn't go door-to-door. I wish!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...