Sunday, January 27, 2013

DIY Red Belt

Sewing: A creative mess is better than idle tidiness.


Materials Needed: Ribbon (measured to fit me), buttons for detail, matching thread, 
needle, and fasteners. 


The top part of these fasteners are located under the buttons on the other side of the ribbon.

  As I'm sure I've mentioned this before, I don't like to throw things out. Again, I'm no hoarder, I just like to reinvent things and that way I don't contribute to landfills in an extreme way. 
   So when I saw this ribbon in my craft/fabric basket (definitely need to iron it before wearing it- it's all rumpled) and remembered I've been desiring a red belt, I immediately scanned Pinterest for possible ideas. Nothing came up that peaked my interest, so I thought of this button idea!  The bf says it reminds him of Pop from the Rice Krispies, for it has a bit of a military feel to it. 
   Hope you enjoyed my first DIY belt!

Cheers!
xo, The Rag Trade 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...