Friday, January 25, 2013

El Norte

I don't trust any country that looks around a continent and says, 'Hey, I'll take the frozen part.'
    Jon Stewart 




Outfit: Dress (Thrifted), Sweater (Thrifted), Scarf (Thrifted), Leggings (American Apparel)

   -25 today! Mother nature continues to torture us here with her insanely cold weather all the while simultaneously cramping my style. Thanks Mama N., really appreciate this...I am ever so envious of the bloggers I see wearing less clothing than my bedtime attire! If you haven't noticed already, I have a serious love-hate relationship with Canadian weather.

   That being said, it find it a tad difficult to be fashionable- not that I'm overly. Rather, clothes are used for their original intention, to stay warm. So layers, layers, layers (I have on more clothes than visible)! I had to forgo the pantyhose as well and replace them with leggings.
   Being so cold today, I thought my inukshuk pendent was appropriate. If anyone is unfamiliar with inukshuks they're stone landmarks found in the Arctic, probably more popularly known via the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. It's a very popular symbol here, which is just a little odd I think considering a vast majority of Canadians most likely have never actually seen one...I mean, we live as close south as possible! 

Here's to the weekend!
xo, The Rag Trade 

2 comments:

  1. Hey dear I really like your blog! What about following each other? Also on bloglovin and fb if you want...just let me know :3 <3

    Join my ROMWE GIVEAWAY!

    NEW POST UP!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...