Monday, January 28, 2013

Flurries and Faux Fur

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. 
    Mark Twain 


Beavertails! This pastry desert is the epitome of winter.


A view of the largest skating rink the world, just part of it anyways! 




Outfit: Sweater (Jacob), Scarf (At a garage sale in New Brunswick for
 ten cents!), Dress (Thrifted), Boots (Sorel), Leg Warmers (Thrifted), 
Hat (Gift), String necklace with gold S pendent (Gift)

   The extreme cold is gone and the snow is back! Very picturesque and therefore a great idea for a walk to the canal for Beavertails and hot chocolate. I must mention how a friend of mine from overseas innocently believed that Canadians ate the tails of beavers when she first arrived here! This is not true.... 
    Again you find me in wool, I can't stress enough what an ideal fabric this is for winter. I don't know how I would survive the season sans it, I suppose I would be very cold!  And again you find me in black and brown. I wish I could say I'm a much more colourful person during the spring and summer, but alas, I am not.  I find my hair colour enough, I mean it's pretty much yellow! 

Until we meet again!
xo, The Rag Trade 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely winter outfit! It looks both cute and warm at the same time! Your "yellow" hair is fabulous too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stylish outfit! It looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...