Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Seeing Stripes

Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman.
   Coco Chanel 



Outfit: Dress (Guess), Sweater (Thrifted), Beret (Gift)

   Mother nature must have heard my prayers, for today it was 0 degrees! Yes, I typed the correct number, 0! It was unbelievably warm and a wonderful taste of the spring that is yet to come- in a couple of months...
   I should have taken the mild weather as an opportunity to wear some ankle boots or heels, but with running around town (not literally running, but the bf and I went out for some brunch, we took the dog for a nice long walk, and I went see Le Miz with a friend), I opted for the more sensible option: flat boots. 
   Have you ever seen the movie Midnight in Paris? Watching it has me left me fascinated with French society, especially fashion! Sadly to say, I've never actually had the pleasure of visiting the country.... Lately I've been reading Coco Chanel's biography and Brigitte Bardot has been a favourite of mine since I was fifteen years old (for her movies, animal activism, fashion style, and her singing). So this ensemble is my attempt to channel the inner Brigitte Bardot in me (style-wise, not so much the sex-symbol aspect). 

Until we meet again!
xo, The Rag Trade 
   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...